Your Local Area Agency on Aging
Blair Senior Services, Inc. is part of the nation’s aging network. The Federal Older Americans Act of 1965 established the Federal Administration on Aging and in 1973, amendments to the Act mandated states to establish Area Agencies on Aging based on units known as Planning and Service Areas. Pennsylvania decided to designate counties as these Planning and Service Areas. In 1974, Blair Senior Services, Inc. was founded as the Area Agency on Aging for Blair County.
Serving Older Adults and Eligible Residents of All Ages
In addition to meeting the needs of older adults, Blair Senior Services, Inc. serves eligible residents of all ages through diverse programming and contracts that help provide transportation, housing, assessments, and volunteering. Our professional staff and volunteers are dedicated to the principles and values of dignity, empowerment, advocacy, and respect.
The Agency is governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors. Three Advisory Councils also offer input and guidance to Agency services and programs.
Financial Report and Four Year Plan
- Blair Senior Services 4 Year Plan – October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2020
- Blair Senior Services Audit Report – For The Year Ended June 30, 2016
- Blair Senior Services Audit Report – For The Year Ended June 30, 2017
- Blair Senior Services Audit Report – For The Year Ended June 30, 2018
- Blair Senior Services Audit Report – For The Year Ended June 30, 2019
- Pennsylvania Department of Aging Four Year State Plan 2016-2020
Many people in our area may be familiar with some of the services Blair Senior Services, Inc. provides, such as Meals on Wheels and Transportation. However, there is more to the Agency than you may realize. Blair Senior Services, Inc. is a hidden treasure within the community full of resources to help and support older adults and their caregivers. By calling Blair Senior Services, Inc., you can speak with an Intake Coordinator who will refer you to the appropriate services based on your needs. For more information, call (814) 946-1235.