Skip to content
Close this search box.

Affordable Door-to-Door Transportation

Blair Senior Services, Inc. offers convenient and affordable door-to-door transportation to Blair County residents through our fleet of thirty shared-ride vans. This is one of our most popular and rewarding programs, with more than 120,000 trips provided each year! Anyone can ride in our vans, regardless of age, and some programs help pay for transportation for certain individuals under age 60.  Consumers, age 65 and older can use the vans for any purpose, such as shopping, errands, visiting friends, and medical appointments. And, best of all, the Pennsylvania Lottery funds 85% of the fare for consumers 65 and older, while Blair Senior Services, Inc. shares part of the remaining 15% of the cost for most trips.

Anyone wanting to apply for Transportation Services please click on the following link.  Find My Ride

Schedule an Appointment and Take a Trip With Blair Senior Services

Most trips must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. When you schedule a trip, be prepared to give the date and time of the appointment, the destination, and whether you need a return trip. Please call our Transportation office at (814) 695-3500 or toll free at 1-800-458-5552 to schedule a trip or get rate information. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

A comprehensive Fraud, Waste and Abuse Policy is available upon request by calling our Transportation office at 814-695-3500

Blair Senior Services, Inc. Transportation Awards

Blair Senior Services, Inc. Transportation Department announced their 2019 award recipients. According to Dennis Wisor, Blair Senior Services, Inc.’s Transportation Program Manager, Safety Awards are presented each year to the Transportation Department’s drivers in recognition of their accident free records, Years of Service Awards for employees reaching significant work anniversaries, and the Rex Fahr Award for Customer Service. “I cannot say how hard and dedicated every single member of the team works every day. Their dedication to the Agency’s and Department’s mission is displayed every day,” shared Wisor.

2019 Awardees Included:

Employees with a Minimum of Five Years of Service
Chuck Alessi, Katie Brinkman, Kevin Cowan, Sean Ford, Jim Fouse, Elayna Gibson, Shavet Lamont, Karen Samuelson, Craig Schaffer, Jim Settlemyer, Dennis Skorupa, and Brooke Stoltzfus

Employees with a Minimum of Ten Years of Service
Derek Flaig, Dave Key, Deb Lee, Matt Seidel, and Lydia Smith

Employees with a Minimum of Twenty Years of Service
CJ Brewbaker, Pete Harter, Vickie Killinger, Craig Russell, and Dennis Wisor

Employees with a Minimum of Thirty Years of Service
Ralph Carland and Rick MacIntyre

Jessica Moyer and Matt Seidel were awarded the 2019 “Rex Fahr Award for Customer Service” for consistently doing good work every day. According to Wisor, “The Rex Fahr Award was named in memory of the late Rex Fahr, a past Transportation Department driver from June 2013 to January 2016, who was well loved and respected for his exceptional work and personality.” Other nominees for the 2019 award included Larry Wagner, Vickie Killinger, Deb Lee, and Jonathan Baird.

For more information, contact the Transportation office at (814) 695-3500 or visit their website at

(Back Row) Brooke Stolzfus, Elayna Gibson, Jim Settlemeyer, Dennis Korupa; (Front Row) Shavet Lamont, Craig Schaffer, Karen Samuelson

Kevin Cowan, Katie Brinkman, Chuck Alessi, Jim Settlemeyer

(Back Row) Dave Key, Derek Flaig; (Front Row) Deb Lee, Lydia Smith

Pete Harter, Vickie Killinger, CJ Brewbaker

Ralph Carland, Rick MacIntyre

(Back Row) Rick MacIntyre, Dennis Skorupa, Bill Richard; (Front Row) Jim Settlemeyer, Lydia Smith, Jeff Ward

(Back Row) Greg Bunn, Jack Butler, Kevin Cowan; (Front Row) Katie Brinkman, Elayna Gibson

Jessica Moyer

“Effective July 1, 2021, APPRISE is now Pennsylvania Medicare Education and
Decision Insight, PA MEDI – Same Program, Same Services for Pennsylvania’s
Medicare Beneficiaries, now with a New Name.”

Transportation Services at Blair Senior Services, Inc.

Blair Senior Services, Inc. offers door-to-door transportation to Blair County residents. Anyone of any age can ride the van. Some programs exist to help pay for transportation for those under age 60. Funded trips for residents between the ages of 60-64 are limited to medical appointments and federal buildings, such as the Social Security office. Consumers age 65 or older may use the van for multiple purposes, such as transportation to medical appointments, stores or hairdressers. Having reliable transportation during the week can help to change consumers’ lives. It offers freedom and independence. Every trip is based on mileage and is a very inexpensive way to get where you need to go. Trips must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Contact Blair Senior Service’ Transportation Office at (814) 695-3500 to schedule a trip or to get rate information.

Back To Top